Logo

Mercury 15 hp 1998 - NO SPARK - new stator

mari91

Hi there,

My stator blow. i found one second hand for really good price. but it has just 2 wires from coils. Apart from that it looks same.
My old stator has 3 wires - 2 from coil + 1 ground.

Could you advise me please if I can use it?

Thank you heaps.

Mari

To complete an electrical circuit everything needs a grounding. Either its directly grounded the body of the component to the block or an extended ground wire present.
You need to post the serial numbers of your motor so others can help you identify the parts.
Is it an electric start or pull start, 2stroke or 4stroke?
Take care.

Hi there,

My stator blow. i found one second hand for really good price. but it has just 2 wires from coils. Apart from that it looks same.
My old stator has 3 wires - 2 from coil + 1 ground.

Could you advise me please if I can use it?

Thank you heaps.

Mari

Serial number is 0G701464 - 15hp, 2 stroke, 1998 - pull start,

Can i add wire from metal of stator to the ground?

Thank you

Mari

How did you match the correct part number to the used stator? The photo of the stator in the parts blowup has 3 wires. The used stator may be grounded thru the metal frame.

How did you match the correct part number to the used stator? The photo of the stator in the parts blowup has 3 wires. The used stator may be grounded thru the metal frame.

I went to the engine, outboard service garage and they found 2nd hand one which is the same as mine, apart from ground wire.
So I was thinking same, this stator can be grounded thru the metal.

Be patient with my English please.

So I can use it?

Thanks,
in my last note should be question, "so can I use it?"
I am asking therefore that in that garage(i bought it from) were not sure if I can use it. mercury dealer in NZ rather sells new ones or really expensive 2nd hand one, and recommend just their product and identical part.

well that shop looks really trustful, and the guy has been repairing outboards for 30years, but he matched these 2 parts just with comparing next to each other. I am not quite sure if he was looking at serial and model numbers,

Thank you heaps.

Mari

Back