Logo

plzzzzz help me

magaction

I have yamaha outboard 30hp .. I tried it yesterday in a trip ...it consumed 50 liters of benzene in 3 and half hours is that normal??? plzzzz help me

thanx for ur reply but i don't think so.. cuz i spent about 10 hours .. so if there was any leak I'd have noticed it ..do u think it is normal ???

The way I think is the following ---------On a 2 stroke engine a hole in the fuel pump diaphragm can not be seen as an external leak.-------Fuel would go directly into the engine and not go thru the carburetors. Certainly results in high fuel consumption.----Is this motor new to you and was the 3 hrs all at full throttle ?

Did a search for fuel consumption and found ----------------------" maximum fuel consumption as 11 to 12 litres per hour "------I assume they mean full throttle.

dose it make any difference if the boat is heavy .. i read that the maximum consumption is 12 liters as well ..but if the boat is heavy the consumption will be more than 12 liters ?? ... i wasnt in full throttle and the consumption was 50 liters in 3.5 h so it was more than 14 liters per hour is that possible ??

Back