Logo

? fuel system problem

chasechance

Glad to have found this forum! Let me start by stating that I have limited mechanical skills.

The motor is a 2004 Yamaha Saltwater Series 200 HP V6 with 158 hours that sat unstarted from Sept 2010 until last week when I attempted to start it and couldn't get spark. The batteries were showing adequate power and the engine turns over without problem.

The boat, a 2004 Wellcraft 22 foot walkaround (cuddy cabin) was going to be used as trade in for an RV under a s l i g h t time constraint so I didn't have time to do much more than check the fuel reservoir ( clear 1/2 pint sized canister with gas in it), pull the plugs and insure that gas was getting to the reservoir. The plugs were wet with what smelled like gas i.e., not shellac.

I took the boat to the RV dealer to be considered for trade in and was quoted a repair cost of $2,500-$3,000 to get it running.

Decided to do more research.

Thanks for any advice!!

Bernard

Racerone, The engine was running flawlessly when last in the water in Sept 2010. It had never required service apart from having to have to "pee hole" cleared once. I did not check the kill switch. Thanks for the response.

Bernard

Problem ? solved. Went to get the boat today from the RV dealer and all of a sudden the $3,000 quote for the engine repair "covers repair on the boat hull, top,, the interior, lights..... The deal is off. Thanks again for the input.

Back