Logo

Year for 25hp Johnson

Jenont

Hi all, first time poster here!

I have just purchased a second hand small boat (tinnie) with a Johnson 25hp on it and I am trying to figure out the year of this model. I have searched the internet and found plenty of good information about Johnson serial/model numbers and how to interpret them but unfortunately my model doesn't seem to fit any of that. On the right hand side transom clamp I have 2 numbers stamped the first is: 25BS1 and the next number is a six number code that I don't have on me at the moment (sorry). None of this fits the "INTRODUCE" system that has been explained, and I really don't think the motor is more than 20 years old. It is a 2 cylinder, has coil packs, one for each spark plug. The motor is all white.

I have looked for a engine plate and or sticker on the block/head and can find nothing. The motor is a pull start and has no electric ignition.

Any help would be most appreciated as it runs rough as guts at idle, coughs and farts and I want to tune it.....the first step is working out what year it is.

Cheers from Australia,
Jenont

OK chaps, I have a couple of other numbers that may assist......under the cowling on the engine casing we located: 16BS1 and under that: 190385, then on the welch plug cap: 63282488.

Add that to the 25BS1 on the Transom clamp, hope someone can help out because it is a pain in the neck.

Cheers chaps!

Back