Logo

mercury 40hp 1980 water out

SAM_0642.jpg Is this the water ouput at the bottom left of the picture? i could only find this one although i find it strange that its so close to the water input please help

i know the reason for the forum and as far as i'm concerned, every time i have post on here is because i have a problem and need a solution. its because i've never even took an engine apart nevermind put one together from a box of parts that i need lots of solutions. i'm sorry if i seem to be a bother for you all, but your help has been invaluable. i see a plug inbetween the psark plugs could this have been a tell tale that someone has capped? i did get the motor running but before i put any pressure on it i want to make sure water is running properly through the system

Last edited:
the only place i could see that part fitting is either that hole i showed on my picture or inbetween the spark plugs water gushes out of that hole on the water jacket

It runs for about 10 secs after the bulb has been primed then stalls . I have checked the pump all working , is there any adjustment on the carb ?

Back