Logo

45 hp beeping sound

bf45a

When i put it in gear (fwd. Or rev.)and rpm goes up the beeping starts .what does it mean.THE MOTOR IS A HONDA 4 STROKE.

Last edited:
The first thing I have to assume is that you have not taken anything apart (shifter, etc) and nothing else has been changed that you know of....

If you have a side mount box with the key switch in it, it is possible that you have the engine trimmed too high. Check page 64 of the owner's manual. http://marine.honda.com/pdf/manuals/31ZV3601.pdf. If you put it in gear and trim too high, there will be an audible alert.

If you do not have it trimmed up and this is occurring you may have a faulty trim warning system.

The above is true is you are hearing a on off type alarm.

If you are hearing a solid alarm, you may be overheating or losing oil pressure ...does your red light come on? Does your green light go out?

Mike

Last edited:
"If you do not have it trimmed up and this is occurring you may have a faulty trim warning system."

I think Mike hit this on the head, i had same problem with faulty trim sensor on my BF50A
you can trace the wire back to the engine and simply unplug it.
very seldom of any use unless running in very shallow water.

What is the H2o outflow? Are you talking about where it pees?

Then did you have a solid alarm vs a beep beep beep?

Just would like to understand...

Mike

You may have other issues if you got the solid alarm and just unplugged your pee hole. The telltail (pee), if clogged should not by itself cause overheating.

There may have been something else in the system that was clogged also and got cleared.

Hope everything continues to run smoothly.

Mike

Back