Logo

Throttle Control Box alignment??

bmousser

Hows it dedicated Honda lovers,

Now that my twin BF50A's are running decently and all gauges are operatable, I have some minor adjustments to do. My throttle controls appear to be offset. One throttle needs to be forward more than the other in order for both engines to run at identical rpms.

How can I adjust the throttle controls so that they both sit side by side and operating at the same rpms? please help?????

Actually did this already. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the adjustment screw right below the key on the control unit.
Not sure though. I'm still reading in my manual. Anyone else got any feedback????

The screw below your keyswitch is a friction adjustment.

Recheck the throttle cable adjustments at the motor.

Make sure that they are both at full throttle to the stop on the engine at the same time that the levers on the control boxes are at the same position. If they are not, you have to make some adjustments at the engine.

At least this way, the physical movements on the engines are in sync.

Trim of the engines will also affect the rpms.

In the end, you may never get them to sync up rpm, trim, and throttle position perfectly. They are both right hand props and the wash from one does affect the other's performance vs counter rotating engines.

Mike

Back