Logo

2005 bf150

mcgyver

Contributing Member
rigging my BF150 and there is a wire/connector that has 3 wires in the front of the engine looks like it will pass out the grommet with the battery cables/shift ect, it's coiled up in the engine compartment about 2-3 feet long..... yellow/black white/blue and red/Blue I think it's the indicator panel wire harness...but need help! or is it the wire for diagnostics?

The color codes indicated that it should be for the indicator panel.

I say should be because, the indicator panel connector cable does not come close to coming out through the grommet.

As far as I can remember, all of the 150's have a six pin connector on a very short lead on the front of the engine, that connects to the wiring harness that goes up to the helm. At the helm is where the three pin connector normally appears.

That being said, most likely, if you follow the cable back into the engine, you will find that it connects to the six pin connector that is attached at the front of the engine. I think the 3 wire extension was something special made by someone...it does not sound like it is a standard cable.

If you only have a wiring harness that has a large round 14 pin connector, then you will have to extend the three wires up to the indicator panel through inventive means...mcgyvering...(sorry, I could not resist) or by using a, not cheap, 32185-ZW5-000 harness. http://marine.honda.com/products/accessories/harnesses

If you happen to have a six pin connector on you main wiring harness in addition to the 14 pin round connector, then just connect the six pin connector to the engine after you take off the 3 wire extension. There will be a three pin connector for the indicator panel at the helm end.

Mike

No

Back