Logo

2002 OX66 225 problem

Maxxblade

I have a stalling problem with this motor. It will start and run fine and then all of a sudden it stalls as if you turn the key off. After a time the motor will restart and run for a time, the time it runs is not consistent as well as the time it will not run. When the motor will not run the high pressure pump will not spin up when you turn the key on. When it starts again the pump does spin up. At the time it will not start I checked the voltage to the HP pump and it was dead as it should be powered when the key is on. I jump the pump with a jump wire and it spun up and I tried to start it but it would not start. Prior to this I had a marine mechanic go through and clean the HP fitter and do matinance on the fuel system. I also disconnected the kill switch. Does anyone have an idea as to what I might try next

Pull the mechanical pumps from the side of the engine and check for fuel in the pulse port of the pump, there should be none. If there is fuel present replace both pumps. and retest.

Back