Logo

Old Yamaha P165

yamahas

Hello,

I was given an old P165. I am wondering if it would have a tell tale or not. It is from the 70's. The engine rums great and stays cool because I can touch it with just my hands after almost 10 mins.

If anyone can tell me how to find it that would be great! Thanks!

As long as the water pump is working and its pumping plenty of water up to the motor it won`t overheat,I also have one of these and i am currently giving it an overhaul, some parts are missing, eg the connection which goes from the throttle cables holder to the carb arm, got any photos of this connection so i can manufacture one ???
Would really appreciate your help
Thanks

Took it apart and checked on the impeller and its in good shape, was out for 45 mins the other day and it was still nice and cool.

The outboard it at the cottage, Il take a look to see if I have any pictures and I'll let you know.

Hi Yamahas, Thanks for the prompt response,if you have any photos or can take some you can email them direct to me at [email protected]. it will certainly be appreciated, as a matter of interest i have hopefully located a parts manual so might be some help to you in the future.
Thanks again

My P165 is a 1971. I believe that one in the video is a later year. I brought it to the dealer and he told me it was a 71 and had no tell tale.

IMG-20120319-00182.jpg

IMG-20120319-00186.jpg

Thanks Bumperfood, I have already had a look at this video, unfortunately it shows wrong side of outboard, Got a manual on its way so hope i can solve my problem , got really good photo from yamahas and this was great help
Thanks again

Who has a 1971 Yamaha P-165 8 hp? I just got one & don't know much about that is what on it. If you gave me your email, I could send picc & questions. Also really looking for an owner's or service manual for it. My email is [email protected] Thanks alot.

Back