Logo

58 evinrude, need to adapt for fuel...

teambk

My ol motor has the 3 prong fuel fitting. I've been told they no longer make fuel tanks for it. I've been told you 'could' use a fuel pump to get the job done.

I would prefer the original gear, but what options are worth considering here?
Thanx in advance!

Very cool. How specific are these tanks? Or kinda like how now most of the stuff on the shelves mostly works on most stuff 'these days'?! type of match?
I'll definitely be watching more now!
We're trying get away from all these digital addictions and enjoy the free society that we still have left, ya know?!!
Thanx for the quick response! Trying to get everything we need now, while we can!

Very cool. How specific are these tanks? Or kinda like how now most of the stuff on the shelves mostly works on most stuff 'these days'?! type of match?
I'll definitely be watching more now!
We're trying get away from all these digital addictions and enjoy the free society that we still have left, ya know?!!
Thanx for the quick response! Trying to get everything we need now, while we can!

Johnson and Evinrude tanks are the same, I had a couple of these back when I was a kid in the previous century. I ran the daylights out of a cream puff of a 1956 10 hp Johnson.

I hope you make all the connections you need to get everything squared away, no thanks required, we are all in it together.

My favorite quote from 1908; Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Hoo Hoo! This place is my new fav!
My friend suggested not to modify, glad i didn't - now I own more antique gear! Yay! Is this all American?, that'd be nice!
So I just picked up a tank with lines, all should be on the up and up now! Plus alot saved compared to the shop around the way!
Sorry - but, Thanx again!!! I have friends I will get to sign on here soon!

One other question - I do I put a pic up for an avatar? Wanna show my lil jon boat off!

Yeah, that's the path I started to run. 140 for the fitting. was told 300 or so for a 6 gal tank - maybe!!! - plus the small stuff in between!. this here, well, plug and play....... like it should be , ya know! it was cheaper in this case, under a 100 bucs! Creative is expensive these days.
I want to have a hobby - but do within the means, still be able to play. And be able to share the best and smallest rewards with others.
Now to make a Bimini!!

Oh, well- Yea I got the tank. It had two sets of lines and fittings, but...The lines were no good, the one fitting looked like battery acid had corroded through it, the other fitting was good - but - The tank had a couple holes eaten through it and the cap had the pieces inside rutsed away. There is a small hole in the cap and its insert look like some way to allow air through, not sure, but its toast! Plus the inside of the tank was full of corrosion and what looked like giant flakes of dried out fuel.
Then after I paid 90 bucs for it and started to get it cleaned, I read this article -

http://www.outboard-boat-motor-repair.com/johnson/Pressureized Fuel Tanks.htm

I really like where they refer to these systems as "nothing short of a bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I will be converting to single line!$(KGrHqN,!n0E8VLUcCIvBPVl,MLIkg~~60_58[1].jpg

Back