Logo

carb air settings Yamaha 140 autolube

Frank Carroll

Hi,
I recently bought a used yamaha 140 autolube, it starts and it runs but not smoothly, prev. owner appears to have been messing with the carbs, when i checked the adjustment screws the settings varied from a litlle under one turn from closed to over two turns from closed. I'm just wondering do any of you know what the stock settings are??? In the meantime i've set them all to 1 1/4 turns from closed and it's running a bit more even but still not idling at low revs.

If compression is good. Pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning. Lots of Carb clean and an air hose....Pay close attention to the jets in the bottom of the fuel bowl.

Chris
Yeah compression is good, also filter, pump and plugs have been replaced, spark is good, cleaning the carbs is next on my list, I'm just struggling to make some room on my bench! Should get 'em cleaned by the weekend, I was really just checking to see if I'm in the right territory with the air settings? the rest of it's not beyond my skillset as such. Thanks all the same, sound advice!

Back