Logo

225 honda will not start

dmarent1

2004 225 run great all last summer,over the winter changed oil and filter,low and high fuel filters,inline spin on filter,drained vst tank all cleaned, it looks like no gas getting to motor,do i have to bleed the fuel system ?do not know what to try next?

If you loosen the screw to empty the VST and squeeze the Fuel bulb does gas come out? if no see below.

If you remove the fuel line from the mechanical pump on the engine and squeeze the fuel bulb, does gas come out?
If yes, the needle valve and float are stuck in the top of the vst.

If they are stuck, there is no short cut, you have to remove the vst and clean the needle valve. The needle valve is around $20 Bucks so don't ruin it. The seat is not removable. You will also need a new top gasket for the VST and you might as well clean the vst and change the screen too.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply,gas does not come out of vst drain hose when i squeeze the bulb.i have something to look at now. bulb is rock hard.I thought maybe i had a bad fuel pump.hope it's the needle valve.thanks again Chris ,I owe you a cold beer.

FYI.....If you removed the fuel bulb, make sure it was reinstalled in the correct direction. Fuel bulb in the Wrong direction + anti siphon valve = hard fuel bulb and no fuel to the engine.

Back