Logo

Manual Lift Of Stern Powr Leg?

matt.speedtriple

Regular Contributor
Hi folks,

I have a boat with a stern powr 100 series leg or at least i`m pretty sure it is.

The problem i have is that the boat is in the water and no way of taking it out at the moment but have to change my mooring which will go dry at times. Currently i can`t see any way of getting the leg to lift hydraulically so i`m wondering if there`s any override or other way of lifting it so the leg and prop isn't damaged on the new mooring? I've searched as best i can for a lever while hanging over the back of the boat but without success hence i`m sticking this post up.

Cheers for any help or advice,

Matt.

Ayuh,.... No idea what yer drive is, But,...

Have ya jumpered, 'n powered up the hyd. pump,..??

Otherwise, disconnect the rams, 'n rope up the drive...

Hi Bondo,

There doesn't seen to be a hydro pump on the boat or pipes or wires coming out of the leg so i can`t see any way of jumping it. I've searched around for info on the leg. It says that there`s supposed to be some sort of impact lift in case you hit something to protect the leg from damage but we tried lifting it with a rope in both neutral and forward but without success. It could be interesting trying to remove rams while hanging upside down working under water hence i`m trying to see if anyone else has some ideas.

The drive is supposed to be one of these but i can`t seem to find anything i the info but maybe i`m just missing it. http://www.sternpowr.com/pdf/100serieshires.pdf

Cheers, Matt.

Ayuh,.... I've never seen yer drive, But,....

On page 102 in the manual linked,(Cool, thank you, savin' a copy)

In figure V-18, I think if ya remove the bolt, Q-4,...
You'll be able to lift the drive...

Instructions are on page 101...

It appears to Me,... That's the inboard anchor bolt for the trim ram....
Donno what lines or wires might be disturbed, but it oughta lift...

Wasn't this BMW's stern drive? Similar to this?

boats-engines-4-stroke-in-board-petrol-engines-100-200-hp-stern-drive-52850.jpg

BMW B130 Marine Engine w/ stern drive: 88 kW (120 bhp).
Particularly suitable for small runabouts, day cruisers and cabin cruisers up to approx. 1.3 tons.

Hi Riccardo,
Mine has a separate gearbox and a drive shaft running to the engine. Also my boat is 30ft long, the engine is a tonne without anything else attached and overall the boat is just short of 4.5 tonne. Output of the engine is 250hp turbo charged so i think it would've blow the BMW stern drive to bits. I`m going through to the boat this weekend to see if i can find any wires not going to anything to see if there`s a hydraulic tilt trim setup on the outdrive. The previous owner didn't have a clue about boats as i've been finding out as i go through it. My biggest problem is that the boat is on a mooring in a canal and needs to be sailed to it`s new mooring asap and there`s not any way just now that i can get it craned out of the water due to lack of cash.
Cheers, Matt.

My biggest problem is that the boat is on a mooring in a canal and needs to be sailed to it`s new mooring asap and there`s not any way just now that i can get it craned out of the water due to lack of cash.

Ayuh,.... Tow it,.... with another boat....

Back