Logo

2004. 90 Hp. 2 stroke alarm won't quit 90TLRC

Jerry Storz

I have a 2004 90TLRC 2 stroke I just took off one boat and put on another. It was working great on the other boat.Took it to lake and ran it day before I changed them. It worked perfect. Now when I turn ignition key on without even starting the alarm sounds and won't quit.It starts fine,but runs rough from being in the engine protective mode because of the alarm. I checked the float in oil reservoir,but it was up where it is suppose to be. I moved it up and down and it didn't change.What could I have done? :(:(:(

Just wondering. Did you have the control box apart? The pink wire can get pinched and grounded or the horn body could be touching the inside of the control box and grounding out. Also try disconnecting the heat sensor in the head.

Yeah disconnect the heat sensor. If it shuts off the sensor is suspect. The oil float could also be causing the problem. It may installed incorrectly, they are referenced, or it could be faulty. You have a lot of on and off conditions in that float assembly.

Back