Logo

Please Help with 1976 85 horrse evenruge

I checked it the spark is ok anything that I can do next. The last time I had it in the water I was on my way to fishing hole the boat ran good got on plane then cut out I turned it off started back up the boat will idle fine I fished then went to get a buddy at boat dock the boat ran great for over 1 mile. I got him went to leave and it started running like crap . Thanks for helping me.

How long have you owned it ?----Mixing gas and oil at 50:1 ??-------------Checked for contaminated fuel ( water ) in the tank ?---------Do a compression test and see what that tells you.

I have owned the boat for about 2 months . Used I mixed the gas 50:1 I put a little bit more oil . I had some one a guy the works on boats in my area to check the com it is 120 on all cyl, he rebuilt the carb,and I had him him put a water pump in it because the boat had been sitting for an year or two. I cleaned the gas tank out because it had old gas in it . The guy told me it was a fuel problem ,coil .powerpack .or a stator isue. Don't know

Do a proper spark check on it.------------Spark must jump a gap of 7/16" on each cylinder.------No point guessing on this.

Sounds like a fuel pump diaphragm problem due to alcohol swelling. I see this often now in older motors. Also check the primer bulb - should be soft and easy to squeeze. All fuel connections must be tight and dry - a fuel pump will suck air before it sucks fuel.

Back