Logo

2000 Optimax 150 Saltwaters no spark

banningclan01

I have recently purchases a boat with twin Optimax 150 dfi saltwater engines. The boat had flipped over in freshwater and floated that way for approximately two days. The guy I bought it from has a yacht restoration business and told me his mechanic pickled the motors with oil and never attempted to start them following the accident. Since I have had the boat I rebuilt the starters, drained the vst's, installed new filters, two brand new 1000 ca deep cyle marine/rv batteries, and rebuilt the starters. I was able to get both motors to spin over within a day. The fuel pumps work, but I have not been able to get spark from the coils. The injectors don't pulse as well. All of the fuses/ relays are good, power is adequate (while spinning more than 8v). The neutral safety switch is working, and there is power at the crank positioning sensor,as well as coils. Please, if there is anyone out there who can help it would be much appreciated!

Two days upside down in the water? Pull apart ALL the weather connectors on the engines and check for water. (the plugs on all electrical components) Blow them all out and retest.

If the ecm's are wet internally and shorted.....prepare your wallet for a shock.

Back