Logo

Honda BF50A Swivel Case Mounting Frame Removal

bmousser

Hi gang,

I am working on a stubborn (I should say rusted and hard to pivot) swivel case/mounting frame. The manual doesn't really cover dis-assembly of the of the mounting frame from the swivel case. I was able to separate the engine from the mounting frame and swivel case by removing the nuts, heating and tapping the mounting frame. The swivel case definitely needs an overhaul because of its ability to function properly. Lubrication through the grease nipple has not been able to reach the top of the swivel case. You can tell that the seals need replacing because the grease comes out the bottom of the swivel case before getting to the top (which it never does anyway).

Anyways, The mounting frame does move with applying a lot of effort but definitely not working properly. So I am challenging myself to take it a part and rebuilt it. I removed the outer circle clip on the bottom of the mounting frame. Is there a special way to remove the mounting frame from the swivel case? Under normal circumstances (a functional swivel case and mounting frame) should the mounting frame easily slide out of the swivel case after removing the bottom clip? What should I do with a difficult or rusted mounting frame in terms of removing it from the swivel case?

Any tips or advise would be welcome.:confused:

I posted this awhile ago. Still looking for advice on how you separate the mounting frame from the swivel case. Is it press fitted? Is it unable to separate? Please somebody help??????

Hello, how did you deal with the shift linkage? I have trying to remove the engine from the swivel mount and so far have disconnected the upper and lower mounts, but the gear linkage rod does not allow me to pull the engine off the swivel. Thanks!

Back