Logo

115 HP, 1989 Yamaha needs a new propeller

johnnybar

Hi All - our second boat has a 1989 V4 115 Yamaha on it. We lost the prop due to a non-stainless cotter pin that rusted out (not happy). No idea what the pitch on the propeller was and therefore don't know where to start on replacing it. Any ideas?

The info for the engine is: 115ETLF
6E5 L 385004
according to some websites the info is a 5500 rpm max, 337 lbs weight, bore is 3.54 inches and stroke is 2.68 inches.

Boat is a 18.5 bow-rider, used mostly for skiing and cruising - overall performance.

Thanks so much for taking a look, all the websites I've been on don't address how old this engine is and doesn't provide recommendations.

I'm considering purchasing a Piranha Propeller. I nick, chip, mangle and destroy props more than most. Fishing the shallow saltwater creeks around oyster beds is murder. The prop tech told me about these props. I have no idea if they are worth a hoot but their website has a calculator for props. The Yamaha section goes back to 1988. It will at least give you the specs needed for a prop shop to guide you. Any reputable retailer should be able to do the calculations for you.

-> Here <- is the link to the blade calculator.

Last edited:
Back