Logo

Eviinrude starting system!

Shine

First timer!* I have a 1955 - 25 hp - Big Twin - manual start - model # 25018.* I would like to turn it into electric start.* I purchased a Johnson 25 hp Electric start 1955 and plan on using the flywheel and starter from it - I hope it fits bscause they are both OMC.* I am
a rookie in this endevor and might be in over my head .* Can anyone give me advise?* I need to know what all I need beside the flywheel and the starter and the solenoid and if the Johnson parts will work?

I would like to use the key ignition but just so I don't have to pull start is my goal. Let me try to explain what I see as I look at the Johnson because I don't know what a J box or what the backsplash are. The solenoid is on the opposite side off the starter and has 3 posts on it - one on top has a green - on the sides a red and blue comes off the front and a black wire on the back side. On the starter side black wire and red wire. There is anther red wire that is in the middle. I hope that you can understand this .
Great to know they are interchangable because of the money already have invested. Thanks alot for your time and expertise. Not computer friendly enough to send pictures! That is something else I need to learn.
Rookie Shine

Last edited:
I would like to use the key ignition but just so I don't have to pull start is my goal. Let me try to explain what I see as I look at the Johnson because I don't know what a J box or what the backsplash are. The solenoid is on the opposite side off the starter and has 3 posts on it - one on top has a green - on the sides a red and blue comes off the front and a black wire on the back side. On the sarter side just a black wire and it is in the front. I hope that you can understand this .
Great to know they are interchangable because of the money already have invested. Thanks alot for your time and expertise. Not computer friendly enough to send pictures! That is something else I need to learn.
Rookie Shine

I would like to use the key ignition but just so I don't have to pull start is my goal. Let me try to explain what I see as I look at the Johnson because I don't know what a J box or what the backsplash are. The solenoid is on the opposite side off the starter and has 3 posts on it - one on top has a green - on the sides a red and blue comes off the front and a black wire on the back side. On the sarter side just a black wire and it is in the front. I hope that you can understand this .
Rookie Shine

You are great with loads of information but I think I am going to need some help. I am going to have my friend who is good at this stuff. With your information and his brains I think I can make this happen. I still would like to know what is a J box.
If I have any poblems I'll post it! Thanks for the help!
Rookie Shine

Back