Logo

compression test ad 31 stringer bell

johntoyomaru

thanks for info if your ever on kauai look me up drinks and dinner on me , i am having problem finding part number on injection adapter for compression test if i m not mistaken adapter goes down injection sleve in place of injector for compression test any idea where to look for part number ? and i received top dead center pin but i don t c where it goes ? manuel i have does not show location ? thanks again for your help

John, happy to help, dont open new thread for each ad31 question, keep replies in the same thread so others can learn from it as they search archives in the future.

Drop pin goes into bellhousing on top of the port rear motor mount. Threaded hole is usually covered by rubber plug, its easy to find just below the aftercooler lower rear corner.

For the adapter, I use volvo tool, but many places like SnapOn or MotoMeter should have adapter that will work. Also, you can use old modified injector, and remove the tip, then screw gauge into it. Either way, injector or adapter, it goes into injector hole and gets fastened with the factory injector holder. Proper compression is over 350 psi, and as even as possible across the cylinders

Last edited:
Back