Logo

AD41P removal - rusted oil pan - advice please

Chief 915

AD41P-A w/DP-E outdrive

I picked up this 26' skipjack knowing that it had rust on the oil pan. Well, it just started leaking and I'm going to pull the engine. I've been reading the forum and there's alot of you that are very knowledgeable and I'm hoping that you can give me some advise.

Is there anything in particular that you know of that will give me problems during this process or is it pretty much straight forward.

Anything eles that I should check while the engine and outdrive are out.
:confused:
Thanks and wish me luck!

Its very easy, drive comes off first, then unhook battery cables, fuel supply, engine harness, throttle cable, motor mounts, and you are ready to lift. Suspend the motor, then move it forward to clear the transom assembly, then up and out of the boat. Good luck.

PS Find TAMD40 oil pan, its completely stainless and fits on 41P. it will never rust

Its very easy, drive comes off first, then unhook battery cables, fuel supply, engine harness, throttle cable, motor mounts, and you are ready to lift. Suspend the motor, then move it forward to clear the transom assembly, then up and out of the boat. Good luck.

PS Find TAMD40 oil pan, its completely stainless and fits on 41P. it will never rust
Stringer Bell, thanks for the info. I just don't want to break something because of a hidden bracket/pin/bolt. Volvo has discontinued the SS oil pan and sells only one now. It's steel and I will probably get it coated with Rino lining or something similar.

Hi. Just to let you know there is a s/s oil pan for this motor for sale on a New Zealand website at present. the sit is www.trademe.co.nz, look in 'Cars, bikes and boats' then boats / parts and accssoris / engine parts, search "volvo". It should pop up along with other stuff. This site is generally very reliable - not sure of the logistics to ship it to your location - but if you can't find one locally it might be worth a go.

Chief, I have good used steel (not stainless) pan for $100 if it helps you
That will teach me to check the thread more often....I just received my new pan today. Do you have the torque specs for the pan bolts? Should I use any sealant on the new gasket and any type of compound on the new pan bolts??

no sealant, no compound, be careful not to break the bolts, nice and tight about 30 ft/lbs but like i said dont go crazy on them. i use regular (not torque) 3/8 ratchet to tighten them

Thanks!!!! Thats a big help. I posted pics on a new thread. How about the mounting plate bolts (6) with new o rings?? Your input is really appreciated

I saw the pics, engine looks great. Dont forget to paint it (several light coats that dry before reapplying are better than one heavy coat), that will help protect it some. Which 6 bolts are you referring to? I was working on KAMD300 today (280hp) and VODIA diagnostic tool, and my brain is fried haha

Back