Logo

injection pump stringer bell

johntoyomaru

thx for reply learning more about my problem , yes a compression test problem is the right tools i m outer island hawaii with not alot of resources specail tools mechanics parts etc i am the boat owner and like knowing everything i can about mtrs question, is it possible to mark pump location and loosen injection pump and turn in 1 direction run mtr and c if a difference ( like a distributor ) occurrs ?

Yes it is possible, however you want timing to be correct and not guess in the dark and then run motor at high RPM. If you do this be very careful and make minimal changes. You can order tools online (for compression check and drop pin / dial indicator) and then use them to set up the motor properly. Depending on the age of the motor, and the hours on the injection pump, it could be a good idea to get it checked and make sure internally all clearances are correct and its pumping right fuel volume at right RPM? If you feel adventurous you can try to rebuild the pump yourself, here is more info on how to do that:

etc.gnarlodious.com/Vanagon/Bosch_Pump/-Rebuild.html

Back