Logo

New Honda controls coming Elect. ??

Sounds interesting. I can see where having a "fly-by-wire" system would definitely be superior to a cable system and could be virtually maintenance free. Especially on multi-engine set ups where throttle synchronization is important. I wish there were a way now to eliminate the human factor in gear engagement on my little rental motors. Worn clutch dogs are a big problem where, with the cable system, shifting can be so badly delayed and cause damage by an inexperienced boater.

They've already pretty much got all the electronics that auto's have so there shouldn't be a big learning curve to overcome. And, the 5 year linear warranty looks like a good cover.

That is, of course, If you don't get punked when you do have a problem by one of the many lousy dealerships Honda seems to have on it's list. Their "management" in that arena just plain stinks.

Like Illesheim71 says, the devil might be in the buy in. Ultimately, I'm sure they're looking for some well heeled "beta testers" before it becomes a "standard" option on the new models.

The good news for me is that I'm broke so I just get to watch.

It seems to me that it`s just another electrical part waiting to fail. How many people have had to replace they`re main battery cables due to the ends corroding off. If they could come up with wires that don`t degrade when exposed to salt water then in my mind fly by wire would be a great idea but until they do then i`ll be sticking with the old tried and tested method of cables that can be easily and cheaply replaced.

I know for a fact that Honda looses sales to Yamaha due to not having a synchronization option on a twin's setup.

I applaud Honda!

Seems to be interesting, This is really helpful link for me. I have explore to this link and got mine desired information.
Thanks for sharing such a nice information.

Back