Logo

Need a little help!!!!!

loketar

Hi Guys and gals,
I am new to the forum so first off let me say hello to everyone. Now on to my question. I recently purchased an older 16.5' Larson which has a 75hp Mariner 3 cyl. that i am have a trim issue with. I would like to find out the year and any other information you can tell me from the following serial # 0D055872. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Cheers :cool:

hi again everyone, I probably should start a new thread for this but not sure. Well i was coming back from an evening of fishing last night and about half way back to the dock I noticed there was a good bit of smoke coming from the rear or the motor. This motor has been great for me, it has never smoked before like what I noticed. I checked the oil and has lots in the tank. Also checked the discharge port for blockage that may cause it to over heat, but nice and cool. I have a feeling that it may have a bad ring or a piston is shot. but it still runs?? There was also a long beep coming from the control box. What else should i look for or do to figure out what is going on.
Thanks in advance.
:cool:

Back