Logo

Enguine/ trany. I.D.?

Dickie

I'm building a Glen-L "Barrelback" (40's Chris Craft replica). I have acquired an Interceptor V8 that the seller said was a 289 ci. that I would like to use. I don't think it is a 289. The #'s on the block behind the starter are: 4F26 and C40E-6015E. The #'s on the Interceptor timing cover are: GT3T21R523109 and to the left side of the cover @ a 45 degree is RH260. Can anybody idenify this engine?

What I need is a service manual to tell me the firing order, rotation, and tune up specs.

This engine came with a Velvet Drive Mod.#AS1-17C, Sn#7047 1:1. Any help with this would appreciated.

Thanks for any help, Dick

Hi, it's most likely a 260, I have one that was made in 1963. The block is the same size as the 289, but the cylinder bore size is 3 3/4" as opposed to 4"... I once read a thread somewhere that explained what all the numbers meant but I can't recall where... the RH260 would indicate a right hand turning 260. Check out correctcraftfan.com and look in their reference section for a manual. Also searching on their forum could be helpful. For myself I'm restoring a '58 correctcraft atom skier with this motor. good luck, Ed

Back