Logo

suzuki dt 85

bramo69

Hi everyone, really need some help !!!!!! I have a suzuki DT 85 HP 2 stroke outboard, believed to be around 1986, runs great for about 10 minutes at full throttle lovely and then once descellerated will not go again, idles but very roughly with a squeaky backfire. Have changed CDI unit, changed plugs, serviced carbaretta's, checked pump and fuel lines, used auxilary tank but won't go again until totally cooled down, pumping water fine but out of idea's now PLEASE HELP !!!!!! :mad:

yes seems to be all fine are there any temperature sensors on this engine i know there is one on the head and one behind the cdi box poss a crank sensor is that correct please enlighten me thanks for reply dave

Use a timing light on it and see if you are loosing spark after the 10 minute run.----------May also take OHM readings on stator and trigger units.----------------------browns point marine -----------for parts pictures.

Hi there thanks for your input going to put it in a tank the weekend and get it up to temp so I can check everything many thanks be in touch

Back