Logo

Honda 90 hp carb issue

zimnucks

Contributing Member
My 90hp is giving me serious carb issues , I pulled them off and cleaned them . The engine was only running on 2 cyl #1and #2 , so I cleaned the other 2 again as it had been a while since I ran the motor , now I have # 1 2 3 running but not # 4 .Any ideas ? Ive got good spark and compression

Just a question about your question:
How are you cleaning the carbs? Total dis-assembly? Ultrasonic cleaner? You MUST completely disassemble and THOROUGHLY clean items 18, 20 and 5 in the illustration below. The passages that feed item 5 and the passage that is fed by item 18 need to be flushed and back-flushed to the point that cleaner will pretty much "gush" from the three throttle bore orifices. Anything short of that, and you will continue to have problems.

If you do multiple dis assemblies, try not to reuse the small orings and be VERY cautious when putting them in. If you "roll" one or snip a chunk out of one, you won't get the seal you need.

The fact that you went back and cleaned some more and there was an improvement would indicate you're on the right track.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...1000001 TO BBBL-2999999/CARBURETOR/parts.html

Good luck

Back