Logo

Honda Diagnostics

PSP

Hi Guys
managed to get hold of the honda diagnostic interface from a closing dealer , he recons there is no software with this??!!??
can some one tell me what i will need to get this working?? , its supposed to be only couple years old - Dr H or something??
where can you buy software??
thanks
bob

If you are referring to the HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) you have to be a Honda dealer in good standing to be able to download the proprietary software. Big blue box with lots of cables and a weird looking PDA with a piggybacked appendage? Very poor boat anchor without the software. I've been trying to load one for a dealer for some time now but he keeps getting behind on his parts bill and they won't help me either.

Honda makes it very difficult for folks like us to do our own diagnostics. They also got rid of the ECM harness jumper that would allow an owner to perform a wide range of dianostic tests with a simple volt/ohm meter. If anyone ever comes across PN 70PZ-ZY30200, I would be very interested. With that harness, you really don't need the HDS computer.

Mike - Thanks, but I'm looking for PN 70PZ-ZY30200 - The testing harness. I have PN 070PZ-ZY30100, which is the shunt connector for the service plug. Several years ago I searched all over the web for that harness. They talk about it in the shop manual, but it is nowhere to be found.

Hi Guys
well i got my kit through , all brand new stuff never been opened!! , Dr H interface & cables with software CD!!
now the issue seems to be....software disk has main software program but honda want you to register (dealer only)
with them and download the model specific software/programs direct from them , DR H covers Outboards , snowbowers and the industrial motors Ect
so this is how they seem to protect their equipment
come on guys , in these days of GFC and worldwide money problems there must be one of you who can get me the outboard program in exchange for cash!!!!
no questions asked!!!!!

I have discovered that you can become a dealer for around $10,000 and then, if you maintain your status by selling, buying or both a minimum of services each year, you can have full access.

Having said that, I think you will be hard pressed to find ANY dealer that would jeopardize their standing and investment with Honda to give you a "deal". I know I wouldn't.

To my knowledge, the HDS Identification can't be "fudged" enough to mask a programing operation without setting off their proprietary alarm system. Any dealer trying to do so would be risking financial suicide if they are a viable Honda operation.

I have access to exactly what you have and it belongs to a dealer that didn't pay his bill. He can't get in either.

Maybe there's a hacker out there that could swing it but I'm betting there's lawsuits, fines and jail time behind that.

Oh dear , another dealer bleating on that someone is not allowed access to 'their' system
mate , reality check , we are in the 21st century , where ever there is a lock there is a key!!!
this system came from a dealer who Honda had 'shafted' and he will do anything to get back at them, thats the type of dealer i need to find!!!
lawsuits, fines and jail time behind that....get real!!!! , check out these guys - www.brpdiagnostics.com - been selling BRP equipment now for over 3 years
INCLUDING the licence keys to unlock the BRP programs .............

Not a dealer, I contract his repair work so there's no reason for me to "bleat" about somebody hacking their system.
In fact, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Easy access would be great for me and what I'm trying to do. And, you are absolutely correct! Someday, maybe soon, you WILL be able to load that software into your PDA. That's what is going on in every tool truck labeled MAC, Snap-On and Cornwell Tools all across this great land when it comes to Ford, Chevy, Toyota etc.

But, then, that's the day Honda will introduce their "new" system. And, so it goes as Kurt Vonnegut did say.

As far as your ex-dealer getting back at Honda for their "transgressions", he's already done all he could do. He sold the thing to you. May ye be the one to break the code!
Gday

Back