Logo

How to bleed DT115 PTT?

Peter Devil Ears

Regular Contributor
Hi, I took the PTT off my 140 and installed it onto my DT115, how do I bleed it please? Anyone know? If you refer to a screw of sorts like a manual release screw etc, please describe what it looks like, I do not know these parts. An exploded view will help.

just fill it up and go up and down several time's. Then let it rest for a while and check the oil level. as far as i know there is no bleeding screw on any power trim. the air should get out of the system by itself by using the trim.

do not overfill it . in vertical position never put more oil in it then as far as the fill plug

Thanks for the reply. Just some points to remember for anyone searching these topics in future:
1) Going up or down that first time hardly moves the power head, (remember, my system was fully drained since I removed evertything to fit to another power head), just go up and just do it for about 10s after the power head stops moving up if at all.
2) There is a manual release valve on the side of some PTT units, on mine it is the only hex screw (there are 3 others and they all take allan keys, leave these alone)
3) After going up as far as is possible, loosen this manual release valve a full turn and let the power head go all the way down.
4) Now open the fill screw to let some air out and re-fill the cylinder.
5) Repeat about 3 or 4 times, it should go all the way up after at least the third time.

Back