Logo

Df25 2010 loses oil pressure

PBRMAN

Regular Contributor
Motor maintains good oil pressure until warm and will also maintain pressure above 1300 rpm, but when warm and allowed to idle it will lose oil pressure. Drops from 30 to 0. This is not your typical oil pressure problem from a worn out motor. this motor is not worn out. We inspected the pump and replaced the cover/suction side plate because it appeared warped. There was no change in symptoms. pressure reg valve isn't stuck open.
It seems like an idiosyncratic problem which must have happened to some other Suzuki DF25. I have no familiarity with Suzuki so hopefully someone else has seen this weirdness too???

Well, Sounds to me like you need to break out the ole plasti guage or a mic, which ever you perfer and measure the crank. Oh, by the way, Suzuki coined a new phrase that comes up when working on their product. UNIQUE If you need any help contact me Thanks Martin

Last edited:
Wow, I had this post out there for so long I almost forgot about it. How many of these DF25 motors have you had apart? How does it lube ball bearing mains and maintain pressure for plain bearing rods?

Back