Logo

metal/Aluminum pieces found in bottom of oil pan ?

aristakat

Regular Contributor
Okay once again need some imput from the experts ? Peforming service bull. #56 call's for draining oil pan & pullling to access exhaust pipes ... I have twin 2002 Honda 225 1500 hrs, they both run very good but I wanted to keep up maintence on motors as I always have..

we'll heres the question Both motors had a 1'' piece of broken metal/Aluminum at bottom of pan, both pieces came from different oil pan/motor BUT look exactly alike in size and composition... ? Performed service bull . #56 on both midcase assemply and vertical bushing bearings were toast....... could pieces of bushing backflowed thru exhaust to oil pan ? I don't think its a piece of oil ring because I think motors would of showed signs...

anyone ever come acP1110117.jpgP1110118.JPGP1110119.jpgP1110120.jpgross this ? I tried to get good pics but camera not the best..

read this other post from last year of mine I THINK maybe it could be from my o2 sensor breaking apart
maybe ?
http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...Honda-02-sensor-questions&p=360382#post360382

thanks for imput in advance

Last edited:
I don't see how it would be possible for anything that big to get into the oil pan from the exhaust tubes or manifolds. That would exclude parts from the O2 sensor. Are they aluminum for sure? Could they be chips from the rim or some internal baffle in the oil pan? Could they be pieces of an oil pan gasket that has hardened? The latter would be my best guess. Try posting a single high resolution picture - the ones posted are pretty fuzzy.

Thats a great idea !!!!!! I still havn't taken them off, so that will be super easy to do... I am still waiting on parts hopefully tommorrow I can start working on VST,then once mid case extension get here can put motors back together from service bullentin #56.. thanks again Chris for imput...

Jamie

I would cut the oil filters open to see what is inside.

Back