Logo

suzuki dt50. wiring problem.

birdie190

a few months ago i had to replace the starter solenoid, i did all correct i disconnected to battery and put everything on the new one the same as the old one but now my engine wont turn over. im getting power to the auto-choke just not through to the solenoid. any ideas on the solution?? cheers

Solenoids are actually very reliable --------------Will the starter crank if you jump direct to it with booster cables ??--------------Did the starter work before you replaced the solenoid ??

Hello, I am new here and this is my first post. First, I have ordered the OEM manual.

Problem: When I try to start the motor (1984 Suzuki DT50), I hear no sound, solenoid does not click. The motor has been running fine.

I did use jumper cables to connect to the starter motor. Motor started and ran at idle fine.

Also trim motor and lights work fine.

Does this indicate that the kill switch, battery, and starter switch are OK? Problem could be neutral switch or solenoid?

Also found one blown 20 amp fuse...replaced with 20 amp...not exactly the same as original and that did not fix the problem.

I only have the parts manual PDF right now...where is the neutral switch located?

Alex

OK... never mind...it was the neutral switch...I found the switch on the starboard side of the motor...needed to loosen the bolts and re position the switch, it works fine now!

Back