Logo

Midsection length and transom height?

Peter Devil Ears

Regular Contributor
Hi, anyone know about the different lenghts of outboard midsections? I have a DT115 and the transom was modified before I purchased the boat. The anti air plate is level with the bottom of the boat as it should be, but the hole under the power head is submerged so that only the power head sticks out of the water, and so water gets in this hole, then the boat will not idle. Do I have a problem with the motor's tuning, or should this hole be out of the water? Perhaps the midsection is too short for this boat, I believe different length motors are available? Please help, it will be greatly appreciated.

What I understood is......The transom has been modified to fit a shorter shafted engine to the boat and now the engine is sitting too low and the exhaust port is under water? If this is the case, the transom modification needs to be reversed and the correct engine length need to be installed.

Chances are, if your engine is fine, it would be cheaper just to purchase a different boat hull and install your engine.

Thanks for the help, you understood correctly. Just to double check, the exhaust port should be above the water level even while drifting? Thanks again.

Back