Logo

Need help with 2 small Chrysler-made outboards

jimmj43

I have 2 small Chrysler-made outboards. The smaller is a Sea King 6 hp, model VWB19074A,<br> SN 66XC10212. The larger is a 15 hp with the ID label missing. I'm guessing it's late 70's or early 80's.<br><br>Both have recoil start problems.<br><br>The 6hp has a broken pot metal assembly that holds the spool & gear pieces/parts. <br><br>The 15 hp is a little more perplexing. The white plastic gear that's supposed to travel up and engage the teeth on the underside of the flywheel REFUSES to go up when I pull the starter cord.... UNLESS...<br>I manually act as a brake to keep that white plastic gear from rotating, at which time it ascends the rod and engages the flywheel - seemingly as it should.<br><br>Here's a link to a picture of the 15hp: http://s1.bild.me/bilder/030611/4463721Chrysley_15HP_outboard.jpg<br><br>Assuming I can get both of 'em running reliably, I'd like to learn of a source for parts - specifically, for water pump impellers. *Long shot*: That "spindly" pot metal casting that holds the spool & gar pieces parts on the 6 hp.<br><br>LONGER shots: ID the model # of the 15hp and find a source for owners manuals for both.<br><br>Happy Holidays, folks!<br><br>jimmj43

visit a website called ---------mercruiserparts.com-------There you will find parts listings.------------Or visit a Mercury dealer for help.---They have the parts, but may be reluctant to help.

Back