Logo

Promariner vs Xantrex what's your opinion reliability customer service.

Bob & Sue

Contributing Member
I have a Charles 5000sp charger with a Promariner Truepower 1000 inverter in the boat right now the inverter works for my needs but the charger is getting old and only charges lead acid batteries. I bought a used almost new Xantrex Freedom 25 charger/inverter that I haven't installed waiting till next month. I spoke with Promariner about their trade in program I can get a Truepower 1500QS charger/inverter new through their existing customer program and sell the Xantrex to pay for it and make a decent profit. I know the tech and specifications for both units either will work fine for my needs. What is your opinion or experience with customer service and reliability of either unit? Any advice would be appreciated.​

Stay with wet cell or AGM batteries for your Marine loads. Wet Cell being favored by many.
Gel Cell batteries... NO!

Promariner is offering great service in part due to the failed line of previous Promariner Chargers.
They may be a good company........, Xantrex is also a good company.

OK.... you don't mention the size of your boat, nor the house load demands.
Since you purchased a Freedom 25 charger/inverter, it may be a rather large demand.
If monitoring your house bank concerns you, consider one of the Xantrex LINK battery monitoring systems.
The LINK will interface with the Xantrex Freedom series Charger/Inverters such as your Freedom 25, and will give you full remote function.
Apparently the LINKlite lacks one aspect of charger data interface... (not a deal breaker).
Some of the LINK 1000 are still available.
y250

I'd say no to the Promariner, and yes to the Xantrex! :cool:
_

Back