Logo

2006 Honda BF90 Misfire

leomillan

Long story...
Just got my motor back from the supposed pros (water in oil issues)... they replaced the head gasquet and "may" have addressed the issue. The motor was actually running good now runs like dodoo, it is missing on the #3 cylinder and I am fresh out of money. They wanted to rebuild the carbs (they were rebuilt recently way accross the country). I switched plugs around and checked spark, (its not the plugs, although I don't know how to measure spark strength) took the carbs off myself and cleaned and double cleaned them. Sprayed into the tiny pin holes on carb throat and got fluid thru jets, cleaned jets, bowl, spayed into all orifices I could find. (did find some dodoo on #2 slow jet but that wasn't the one with problems) Engine still runs rough at idle, when I pull plug wires one at a time while running there is change in all but the #3 cylinder indicating that it is not firing so my efforts have been more on that one. I definitely have spark there in the plug and the wire w/out it. I am stumped! Could there be blockage when they replaced the head gasquet preventing fuel getting into the firing chamber? Next I will try to swap #3 carb with a different one and see if the trouble goes with that one. Anyone out there have any good insight on this?
Leo

Well, I hadn't tried that but the last mechanics on it said they had trouble adjusting 2 of the carbs and they wanted to $rebuild$ them (they were rebuilt 3 months ago), so thats what I went with (on my own)But that's a good idea that I may have overlooked. I ended up swapping #2 and #3 and confirmed the trouble follows that carb. I have since had it apart 3 additional times. It looks squeaky clean and I can get carb cleaner through all the jets and tiny holes that I can find... I have a carb kit on the way so I'll try a lsat ditch effort before I buy a new$$$$$ carb I reckon. Any other ideas are welcome, thanx,
Leo

Back