Logo

oil in my spark plug holes Honda B100

slumshine

Earlier this summer my impeller jamed on me white smoke started coming out of the pee hole and the engine coughed and died. I have recently got around to removing the lower leg and replacing the impeller and wear plate gaskets, but before I am to start this puppy up I bought new spark plugs. upon removing the old ones I noticed black oil deposits on the electode as well as the threading in the plug ports. Im not sure if this means a ruined head gasket or piston ring. and Im reluctant to start work on these if I dont have to. Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this whole shabam? or how to get the oil out of the ports to see if she fires? Any advice is super appreciated, Thank you!

Well, I always ask my customers after an overheat "did you shut the engine off or did it shut itself off?". If the answer is the latter, I usually prepare them for the fact that the engine may have been hurt. The engine stalling during an overheat is never a good sign.

Having said that, it's easy enough to leave the spark plugs out and turn the engine over by hand or with the pull cord and be observant for any "resistance" or tightness. This will, at the same time, clear the cylinders if any liquid is in there and then I would recommend doing a compression test to further assess the engine's condition.

Back