Logo

Not sure what I have here!...Honda Lower Unit only numbers I see are ZY6A...

hard_luck

Hello.
A year or so ago I purchased a lower unit online and was told it was a new 200hp 25" shaft model. When delivered it wasn't as advertised 20" shaft and not for a 200. Long story short. The seller bailed on me, couldn't get a hold of them when I questioned what I had received and now I'm stuck with it. I can't find any part number beside this ZY6A on it. Is this sufficient enough information for someone to let me know what model/models it fits? I'm just trying to sell it and want to advertise it correctly. Thanks for your time and any info you can pass along. I appreciate it.

Sorry to hear that you were schnookered.

ZY6 is the family code for BF 135/BF150. If there is no ring going around the prop shaft, it is a standard rotation. If there is a ring near the end of the splines (about a 1/4 inch from the threads for the prop nut), then it is a counterrotational. Now that I reread your post, the 20" for the 135/150 is standard rotation. You have to get a 25" to get a counterrotation.

I can not guarantee that it is definitely a 135/150 but that is my best guess. If you look up the gear case on boats.net for a 135, the middle number in the part number is ZY6. Can not explain the "A".

Mike

Last edited:
Back