Logo

oil seal

I have an 07 30 hp 4stroke and ran into a little issue the other day. I got the anchor line wrapped up in the prop. long story short a piece of the oil seal (the housing where the bolts are, right behind the prop) snapped off i took the thing apart looked it all over and everything is in tact except for that piece. it seems to be working fine but it now when i run the engine a white creamy water is coming out of the center of the prop all the o rings are in place and everything is tightened to the correct foot pounds. is this just residual grease from removing the seal or did I screw something up? not looking to take this back and drop another 800 for no reason. also should I just go and replace the oil seal

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Suzuki/Outboard/2007/DF30Q/DRIVE SHAFT/parts.html im talking about the big piece in part # 56120-96332-0EP

Sorry, you do not understand !!---------------An outboard gearcase is sealed and good shops can install a device and put air pressure on to look for leaks.------Similar to looking for a puncture in a bicycle tube , which most folks have done in their younger years.

Back