Logo

DT85 running at 3000 rpm fixed, now another problem

n2diving2003

Hit a big wave the other day on the river and the motor went to 3000 rpms, limped it back. Read a bunch of you guys comments and went to check on my problem. Turned out the oil level sensor was sruck in the full position and the wave knocked it free and the motor acted as it should by reducing the rpms. Thank goodness for self preservation. Filled the oil tank, moved the float sensor up and down and back in business. Then I suppose I created the next problem myself. while trying to figure the oil problem out by myself i checked the fuel water sep for water in the fuel, none. Then i screwed the old filter back on. bad move. the free floating debris i suppose made its way to the carbs and it started missing and sneezed a couple times.
Question: Will a cleaner like sea foam help this issue or should i just rebuild the carb. How to tell which one?

Thanks

only way is to clean and rebuilt the carbs. large amount of dirt can not be removes by a cleaner.
only sludge from old gasoline.

thats wright. clean all the carbs. take them appart and put the nozzle's in amoniac and the body in an Ultrasonic cleaner. like this

Back