Logo

'67 sea ray w/78 chevy305 2bbl Throttle issues

dimitrimfogal

Regular Contributor
hello gentlemen , i havent posted for awhile because i finally got this old barge on the water and been doin some serious fishing thanx to all of you who helped put her back together.
heres my latest dilema , the boat starts and runs good but i can only get 3000 rpm at wot . i know this engine should put out between 4500 and 4800 rpm right? the problem is my cable linkage doesnt extend out far enough to make the throttle on the carb open fully . if i adjust the cable outward it will cause it to idle way too high . any suggestions are helpfull and appreciated...thank you in advance....dimitri

hello gentlemen , i havent posted for awhile because i finally got this old barge on the water and been doin some serious fishing thanx to all of you who helped put her back together.
heres my latest dilema , the boat starts and runs good but i can only get 3000 rpm at wot . i know this engine should put out between 4500 and 4800 rpm right? the problem is my cable linkage doesnt extend out far enough to make the throttle on the carb open fully . if i adjust the cable outward it will cause it to idle way too high . any suggestions are helpfull and appreciated...thank you in advance....dimitri

Ayuh,... Is there another cable mounting hole on the carb arm, that'll give longer throws,..??

If not, inside the controller, you should find another set of holes that'll give longer throw,....

Back