Logo

OMC motor issues (wont start)

Kkev333

Picked up a 88 trophy bayliner it has an 8cyl omc motor, and omc outdrive. Its missing somthing im guessing on the fuel pump, or the whole fuel pump itself? I sprayed some starting fluid in the carb and cranked it over but got nothing. It just cranked and cranked. It almost sounds like there is no compression becuease the engine just keeps turning. It dosnt sounds like how a car would. But it may be diffrent im not a mechanic. Any suggestions on what to look for? If need be i can take a vid of what the motor is doing and what it sounds like

Ive got a 1988 24ft bayliner trophy with an OMC 5.7l petrol (8 cyl) with a cobra outdrive,which I've had a few months now, if you take some pictures etc I'll do my best to tell you what may be missing
I can also tell you the fixes i've done for the problems I've encountered up to now (they may be the same as yours)
However, there are far more experienced and knowledgable people on this forum who can help you a helluva lot more than me
But I'll try and help if I can

I had that same problem with my 89 bayliner trophy after i rebult the engine, so i took the ESA out and got it to start, you may also want to check you kill switch, over ride it and see if that help befor you take your ESA out. nother thing it could be it it is out out timeing. make sure the number one distributer wire is pointing to the number one pulg. hope this help, but me myself i am haveing problems with my i have a thread going myself on here.

Back