Logo

year of my 9.9 mariner 9.9hp, ETC?

tomdem

my mariner 9.9 hp serial # 367639, code 682CL, model 9.9ML. how can i determine the year of the engine and where can i obtain a detailed parts manual?

i'm trying to determine, also, if my engine has a thermostat which may explain why i don't see water exiting from the "pee" hole after running engine in neutral less than 5 minutes. ( i ran engine only to burn all fuel in carb for winter storage). perhaps running engine that short time would not allow thermostat to open, and, as a result, no water flow from exit hole. the impeller is brand new & was installed by Merc repair shop.

thank you very much for your time. i appreciate all help!

my mariner 9.9 hp serial # 367639, code 682CL, model 9.9ML. how can i determine the year of the engine and where can i obtain a detailed parts manual?

i'm trying to determine, also, if my engine has a thermostat which may explain why i don't see water exiting from the "pee" hole after running engine in neutral less than 5 minutes. ( i ran engine only to burn all fuel in carb for winter storage). perhaps running engine that short time would not allow thermostat to open, and, as a result, no water flow from exit hole. the impeller is brand new & was installed by Merc repair shop.

thank you very much for your time. i appreciate all help!
Your engine comes up as a 1986 model number 7010226 MARINER 9.9 D SANSHIN 9.9 ML.

Your engine parts below.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectDocs.asp?doc_nbr=801863

Look in the CRANKCASE AND CYLINDER HEAD sections for your thermostat.;)

Good luck with it.

Back