Logo

Red button on control box

It may be to activate the electric choke ------------With key in the run position what happens when you push it ??-----------------If you hear a click , it is the electric choke I think.

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, not the choke, my choke operates when the key switch is pressed in. When the motor is running and I hit this button, the motor does not cut off. Sometimes when I hit this switch it stays in, don't know what releases it. Could it be some kind of primer? Do these have electric fuel pumps?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi, just noticed something else. When in neutral, if I hit this button, it stays in and the control lever cannot go into reverse. It can go forward and the red button will then pop back out. What is the point of this? Perhaps something else happens while this button is in? It is not a kill switch.

Interesting!

Is it some sort of weird warmup control? Do you have a horizontal lever on the top of the control box that, when raised, raised the idle RPM without engaging the gearcase? If not, that is probably what the red button is for.

-E

Back