Logo

Another what year is my motor question

cbreeze245

Greetings,

I recently purchased a used 15' Sea Nymph with a Mercury 25 hp Mercury with electirc start. The seller told me the motor was approx a 1994. I am now having my doubts. The serial number is A 979416. I tried to check it on Max rules website but can't seem to narrow it down on their serial number chart. Judging by the decals on the motor, I would put it somewhere in the middle to late 1980's. Can someone here please help me be more exact? Thanks in advance.

cbreeze

Greetings,

I recently purchased a used 15' Sea Nymph with a Mercury 25 hp Mercury with electirc start. The seller told me the motor was approx a 1994. I am now having my doubts. The serial number is A 979416. I tried to check it on Max rules website but can't seem to narrow it down on their serial number chart. Judging by the decals on the motor, I would put it somewhere in the middle to late 1980's. Can someone here please help me be more exact? Thanks in advance.

cbreeze
Your engine is a MERCURY - ( 25 H.P. ML (1986) Serial Number 0A979416 Model Number 1025226, XD.

Here are your parts for this engine model.

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selectDocs.asp?doc_nbr=13286

Back