Logo

Increasing HP on 225hp Motors

bmw332is

Question, are there any power upgrades (chips) that can be purchased to gain HP on the 225hp Honda motors?

Not really looking to do anything major to the motors that would take away from their reliability...but a few more ponies would be nice!

Agree that a few more ponies would be nice, but I don't know of any chip or other method to boost the HP. Best you can do is (1) make sure your tuned up and (2) make sure your prop is matched up so you get as close as possible to 6000 RPMs, (3) minimize excess weight in the boat, and (4) minimize drag from things like outriggers and towers. If you have trim tabs, bring them up to just before you start porposing.

Thanks for the reply...I fish offshore, so it's not in the cards to reduce much weight. I was hoping that Honda had somethings to gain a few more ponies. I'm currently running twin 225hp on a 29' cc and really love the motors...I guess I will live with them until it's time to repower and then upgrade with larger motors (boat is rated up to 700HP)

Last edited:
Back