Logo

help wont start and wont go into gear

lynchalonzo

I have a 73 reinel 21ft cuddy . I was cruising through the water about 2000 rpm,s once I hit open water I begain to excelerate when I hurd a pop like a transmission popping out of gear and that's what happens something disengaged the outdrive. Engine still running when I **** the engine off and tried to restart would not crank unless I jump the starter and once I do that I still can not vet the outdrive to engage? What do I do where and how do I start trouble shooting this thanks

All I found was a couple old glass style fuses couldn't find any others they where good I have current to ignition. Switch and leaving switch nothing hitting solonoid where does the power go after the switch I can't trace the wire

Another question from looking at a book it looks like the outdrive get engaged electricaly. therefore is it possible for it to be engaged and some kind of electrical failure cause it to disengage or pop out of Gear.

Thank you is there a schematic for the shift control also so I know how to test it. I contacted reinel they said the company was sold and they didn't keep any of the manuals for the boats. Therefore I'm kind of out of luck

Back