Logo

Zuke 175 seal leak??

vettnman

I was detailing my boat awhile ago and noticed this apparent seal leak. Can someone confirm that that is what it is? Also, what is that parts function? It looks like it's related to the steering, mounting bracket, but there is a shaft that goes into the lower unit. Any info appreciated. Thx

Attachments

• PA221122.JPG
    PA221122.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 51
  • PA221124.JPG
    PA221124.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 60
it is very difficult to say in this way, check the oil`s viscosity, because of steering oil is less thicker then engine oil and if your engine is used quietly then
the engine`s oil must be little black and steering oil has camphor type smell.

I don't believe there would be any steering hydraulic oil on the lower unit, right? It looked like the spot was referring to was on the lower unit. Looking at it a second time it looks like the grease is coming out of the mid unit shaft (that turns the motor) when the motor is tilted up during storage. If it were dripping something when he was running it would splash away. I wonder if he is using a water insoluble type grease?

water insoluble grease.......sounds new for me, I really don`t have any idea about this product... if you have any information about this product please inform me.

Back