Logo

Suzuki DF70 2000/2001 oil and rev limit light blinking when ignition switch to ON.

skiron

Hi all, i am new here and the owner of a DF70 from 2000/2001,

Since 2 weeks my oil & rev limit lights from rev meter are blinking 5x when turning ignition to ON, rest is normal accept that the rev needle does not show the hours anymore, seems a notification for maintenance. But then only the oil light should be blinking.
I took it to the shop for maintenance and they connected it to the computer, no error's shown and 348 hours on it.

Tried to reset according to owners manual but no result.(3x pull out kill switch <10sec. with key to ON.
Shop says maybe water/moisture in rev meter!

During running all is fine, no message's or error's on rev meter.

Anybody any idea how to get it to reset or if this is an error code?

Thanks,

Ron from Holland

hoi ron.
happens often that the rev counter itself is the problem. the only other solution is that the CDI is damaged. i hat 2 occasions for a wrong alarm even with a code in the engine and in both case's the only solution was to replace the CDI. the first serie's of the CDI are not zo good.
the last one was a 2004 DF60 . the code 38 could not be reset.
there is a company in holland who works for suzuki which remaps and repairs CDI units . they also re-map some CDI's maybe they can help if its not the rev counter.

the flashing ligts give of a code . can you tell me which code it is ??

where do you live in holland ? maybe you can contact me through snelleboten.nl

Last edited:
Hi Niksnut, bedankt voor reactie, wat bedoel je met code, als ik contact aanzet gaan eerst alle lampjes aan zoals normaal + zoemer, daarna gaan de oil en rev limit 5x knipperen tegelijk, dan niks meer en kan gewoon starten, wijzer toerental slaat niet uit tijdens contact aanzetten.

Tijdens varen geen meldingen verder en loopt goed.

grtn,

Ron

Back